Monthly Tasks to Accomplish
- Create and distribute schedule of Tier 1 PBIS team meetings for school year. (Click here for sample form)
- Establish schedule for communicating regularly with staff throughout year.
- Plan for and deliver staff kick-off. (A sample overview presentation can be downloaded here)
- Review and finalize plans for student kick-off.
- Plan for parent kick-off. Parent kick-off can be accomplished in a number of ways; at minimum, a letter should be sent home describing PBIS, the school-wide expectations, and how parents can contact the school for more information.
- Create binder of all PBIS artifacts, including annual plan, behavior matrix, T-chart, acknowledgement system, cool tools, ODR data, and meeting minutes. As implementation progresses throughout year, add all new works to binder.
Monthly Team Meeting Planning
Prior to Meeting
- Gather and analyze prior year's data using precision statements. (Download form here)
- Reserve meeting room, projector, etc.
- Contact team members for agenda item requests.
- Create and distribute meeting agenda. (Click for sample)
- Establish and agree upon team meeting norms. (Click for sample)
- Determine roles for all team members (e.g. facilitator, data analyst, minute taker). (Click for Sample)
- Establish sub-committees as appropriate, to share monthly responsibilities for development and delivery of resources and assistance.
- Make final preparations for student and staff kick-off.
- Review data with precision statements and determine action needed. (Download form here)
- Summarize meeting discussions and decisions, and evaluate meeting.
- Complete meeting minutes and problem-solving action plan.
- Distribute meeting minutes and problem-solving action plan to all team members within 24 hours.
- Communicate team decisions with staff as appropriate.
Monthly Tasks to Accomplish
- Contact PBIS Assessment coordinator to open Team Implementation Checklist window for October. Notify internal coach of window and provide technical assistance as needed for giving directions to staff members. (TIC directions can be viewed here)
- Plan to attend school PBIS team meetings at each school you coach. Schedule and distribute to internal coaches which meetings you plan to attend throughout year.
- Schedule and distribute quarterly district team meetings. (Click for information about district leadership team members Scroll to page 75)
- Review prior year's data with internal coach/data analyst to develop precision statements for this year's planning.
- Update school lists and coach contact information. (Click for form) (Submit to PBIS Network Regional Technical Assistance Coordinator)
- Remind schools to input SWIS school data (enrollment, # of days per month, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance to orient new team members.
- Meet with district RtI coordinator/coaches to insure consistency and look for ways to streamline meetings.
- Plan for training and technical assistance needs for teams for current year. (Click for district readiness, click for tier 1 school readiness, click for tier 2 school readiness)
- Notify regional technical assistance coordinator of anticipated training needs.
- Plan to attend trainings with teams.