We are proud to announce the two levels of recognition for the 2012-13 school year. Schools of Merit implement PBIS frameworks with integrity. Schools of Distinction sustain high quality implementation for at least two years.
Schools are able to apply for either level of recognition. Schools applying to be Schools of Distinction will automatically be considered for School of Merit recognition if they do not meet the more stringent criteria.
Wisconsin PBIS Network Recognized School program:
- Recognizes schools' hard work to implement system-wide PBIS practices
- Gathers, analyzes, and disseminates PBIS implementation data to demonstrate the effectiveness of PBIS system implementation
- Promotes Wisconsin's vision of addressing the needs of all students through quality PBIS frameworks as standard practice for schools
- Showcases examples of PBIS implementation throughout the state
- Promotes school-to-school sharing of practices
All Wisconsin schools are eligible to apply. Applications open March 1, 2013 and will close May 3, 2013.
Schools of Merit show the following characteristics:
- Have been trained by Wisconsin PBIS Network approved trainers
- Have been trained in PBIS at tier 1
- Have demonstrated fidelity on the Benchmarks of Quality (70 percent or higher)
- Have school leadership teams that meet regularly
- Have active coaching and administrative leadership
- Have taught students and staff school-wide expectations
- Actively use fidelity data to improve implementation efforts
- Actively use student outcome data (Big 5) to problem solve
Schools of Distinction must meet ALL of School of Merit criteria in addition to the following:
- Have demonstrated fidelity on the Benchmarks of Quality for two years; schools must have scored at least 80 percent in the current year and at least 70 percent last year
- Have disaggregated data and problem solved using subgroup data
- Have actively engaged families in PBIS implementation
- Have actively implemented PBIS in classrooms
Schools recognized as Schools of Merit:
- a school banner,
- a letter of congratulations, and
- recognition at the 2013 Wisconsin PBIS Network Summer Leadership Conference.
Schools recognized as Schools of Distinction:
- a school banner,
- letter of congratulations,
- recognition at the 2013 Wisconsin PBIS Network Summer leadership Conference,
- certificate of recognition, and
- one free registration to the 2013 Wisconsin PBIS Network Summer Leadership Conference or one free copy of the Behavior Education Program Video.
Complete each and all sections of the application and upload all documents where requested. Use the Not Applicable (N/A) option only when necessary. Applications will be reviewed against an established scoring rubric. You do not need to have all sections of the application well established to receive recognition, but more detail will substantially improve your scores. As you complete the online application, please notice the “save and continue survey later” button at the bottom of each screen.
For any assistance and clarification regarding the content of the questions themselves, contact your regional technical assistance coordinator.
Please note: Those completing the application within a browser other than Google Chrome or Firefox, (such as Internet Explorer), may need to download the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player in order to upload the requested documents. Download the most recent version of the free Flash Player here.